Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Eels Pie and Mash

I first met Chris Clunn through his book of photographs that document all the Pie 'n' Mash shops in London - including the one that is now the Somewhere London HQ! Once I'd unearthed a copy of this book I also discovered that Chris has an amazing collection of photographs he's taken of London's alternative Royal Family - the Pearlies.



I went to visit him at his studio and he gave me lots of the contacts that lead us to the Pearlies who eventually took part in our project 'It's an East End Knockout' - what was even better is that he came along on the day and took the photographs of the games.


Chris has a wonderful new website with many of his folios featured ... Karen & I head up the Mugshot section (in the company of Boy George & J G Ballard!) and if you've ever been to the Somewhere HQ you'll recognise it in Eels Pie and Mash. The Pearly Way is my favourite though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Girl with the green eye said...

So nice to see this book mentioned here, I was one of the designers that worked on this book/exhibition and have great memories of 'passing on press' with Chris. A lovely guy and a beautiful book I wish was in reprint.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home