Sunday, January 15, 2006

Blog Backup ...

Over the Christmas and New Year period I've built up a terrible Blog Backup of wish-list entries, not to mention a potential iphoto problem ...

One of the causes of this has been my own self-confessed inability to relax. Karen and I were working on editing the footage from our re-enactment work right up to Christmas Eve, and for once I left for the New Year break feeling pleased we'd finished this and potentially with not much 'holiday' work to do.

Slightly panicked by the thought of a week long expanse of leisure time I convinced Tim that it wasn't a good idea to buy some costumes on ebay for the children we were going away with (a present I had for some reason become obsessed with finding) and that it would be much more fun for all involved if I made them, especially as my new 'Elna' sewing machine fits neatly into any luggage situation.

Needless to say I spent a few evenings cursing the puff sleeved design of my 'simplicity' Wizard of Oz pattern whilst the others enjoyed late night DVD binges ... and have only just finished one 'Dorothy dress' for my God daughter Ruby.

So if you like the look of this one you can either order the pattern from the States (yes for some inexplicable reason you can see it in the John Lewis books but they won't sell it to you) or get in the queue which I dare say will now be carrying over to next new year behind the Lion, tin man and Glinda still on my list ... by which time Ruby will have no doubt grown out of Dorothy.

Let this be a lesson (in case I need one) regarding my Kentwell Tudor costume this year ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nina
are there no end to your talents!if only i could persuade my daughter to veer my grandsons (the z beds as i refer to them )Zayed and Zacharria towards the delights of cross-dressing.
Happy new Year
Love Kate (Bata-Bus)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home