Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Anstruther Cappachino


Lovely Fife
Originally uploaded by Nina Pope.
On a great weekend out from the Film Festival (more of which on the Somewhere Blog) Tim and I headed out to sample the delights of the Fife coast for the weekend. The last time I drove this route across the bridge and along the coast was 9 years ago with Karen when we began A Hypertext Journal. It was great to see it all again - I have an awful memory so when stuff does actually resurface I'm always delighted. I do remember we didn't have a decent cup of coffee in the whole month we spent on the road - this visit saw the best cappachino and croissant I've had in ages sitting on Anstruther Harbour! I did have a really awful meal there later though so some things haven't changed.

By contrast my time in Edinburgh was marked by one fantastic meal after another - all cooked by my friend Ruth the Chef behind Faking it in Edinburgh a home delivery dinner party service I can't recommend highly enough (+ owner of ginger below). When I looked back over the start of Hypertext Journal I realised she and Al were the first people we visited on our journey back in 1996 - sadly I had forgotten this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home